Bridging the Gap Between the Law and the Community 


Areas of Service

  • Is your family going through a transition?

  • Do you need legal assistance to receive child support payments or a reduction in child support payments?

  • Have you been contacted by Illinois DCFS regarding an accusation or investigation?


If you have a question about any of the following issues, then give our office a call!



Family Law:  Divorce, Parental Responsibilities/Parenting Time (Custody/Visitation), Enforcement of Child Support, Modification of Child Support, Spousal Maintenance, Paternity Issues

DCFS Defense:  Child Welfare, Accusations of Abuse/Neglect, Expungement and Appeal process


Book an appointment with The Law Office of Alyease Jones using SetMore




Pricing Strategies and Structure


Traditional representation is offered to individuals requesting our law office to handle various legal matters related to a client's case.  The cost of traditional representation is determined by calculating the hours our law office has dedicated to handling the client's case.  

Limited Scope Representation

Limited Scope representation is offered to individuals requesting our law office to handle a specific legal matter that is limited in nature. Limited scope representation is also known as "unbundling".  The cost of limited scope representation is determined by the legal matter. For instance, a client may our law office to draft paperwork for a legal matter, but does not need an attorney to appear in court on their behalf. Limited scope representation allows our law office to provide individual services to address your legal need at a lower cost.  Individual services may include, but not limited to, negotiation, letter drafting, advice, legal coaching, or court representation.  

Flat Rates

Flat rate billing is offered to individuals requesting our law office to handle a single legal issue.  Our law firm will handle a single legal issue at a flat cost. The client will not be billed per hour unlike traditional representation.  Flat rate billing is suitable for individuals with non-complex legal issues, such as letter drafting, document review, in-depth consultation, or one-time court appearances.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I hire your law office? - Our law office is passionate about servicing the community. The Law Office of Alyease Jones understands the complexity of handling legal issues and balancing everyday life.  Hiring a lawyer allows an individual to have a professional advocate on their behalf.  Our law office handles your legal matter while you handle your everyday life.  Give us a call today for a free consultation!

How do I start the divorce process? - Preparing for a divorce can be a very difficult process.  First, assess your life and determine why the divorce is necessary. If a divorce is necessary, then determine what type of divorce is necessary.  Is the divorce contested or uncontested?  Have you spoken with your spouse? Do both parties agree or disagree regarding the nature of the divorce? How will you handle being a single income household?  Next, evaluate your feelings regarding "divorce". Divorces can be complex and cause an array of emotions.  Many individuals do not understand the legal consequences of ending a marriage.  Finally, make sure you meet the minimal requirements for divorce.  In Illinois divorces can only be granted if you or your spouse have been a resident of Illinois for at least ninety days, you or your spouse have been separated, and there have been irreconcilable differences.  Please note there have been significant changes in the Illinois Dissolution of Marriage Act as of January 01, 2016. To learn more about starting the divorce process and receiving assistance preparing for a divorce, then call our law office. 

How can I receive child support for my child/children? - It is important for a child to receive support from their parents--emotional and financial. Parents have a duty to support their children financially.  In Illinois, courts are required to follow the minimum guidelines provided by statute.  Child support is determined by using the net income of the supporting parent.  When the court determines an amount for child support, the court will enter a uniform order of support.  Child support payments will be processed and disbursed through the Illinois State Disbursement Unit.  Child support cases are filed with the Clerk of Court. 

How can I receive visitation rights? - On January 01, 2016, Illinois grants parents parenting time not visitation.  Visitation is no longer the term used for parents, instead parents are given parenting time. Once a case is filed, both parents must come up with a parenting plan (visitation plan) within 120 days.  If the parents can not agree on a schedule, then the court will set a schedule for parenting time.  Having a set parenting time schedule allows the family stability. It is in the child's best interest to regularly spend time with both parents.

Can I hire an attorney to assist me with DCFS? -Yes. If you have been investigated by the Illinois Department of Children Family Services (DCFS) and indicated, then contact an attorney that understands DCFS defense immediately!  DCFS is responsible for protecting children through investigation of suspected abuse or neglect. A report of abuse or neglect can result in an indication.  An indication means there is credible evidence that a child has been abused or neglected. An indication means that DCFS will register your name in the State Central Register.  If your employment requires you to interact with children, then this could be an issue.  If you have been indicated, then it is highly recommended that you contact an attorney for a DCFS appeal. Contact our office today to discuss DCFS defense!